Tests Needed for Full Speech-Language Assessment?

by mom bee

Hi, my daughter (age 16) has a number of different challenges, including several with Speech-Language. I've been trying to get her an IEP for a really long time and the school district finally authorized a full Speech-Language assessment.

She has dyslexia, speech impediment (can't say the letter R), hard time taking part in a reciprocal conversation, hard time understanding and following instructions (written and verbal), hard time retrieving words, and very hard time expressing her ideas in an organized way (written and verbal.)

The S/LP assessment already included the following tests:

CASL Comprehensive Assessment of Spoken language
TOPS Test of Problem Solving
TOPL-2 Test of Pragmatic Language

What other kinds of testing is needed? My understanding is she'd need something like these, or equivalents:

GORT-5 Gray Oral Reading Test
CELF-5 Clinical Evaluation of Language Fundamentals
SCAN-A Test for Auditory Processing Disorders
CTOPP2 Comprehensive Test of Phonological Processing
GFTA2 Goldman Fristoe Test of Articulation
EOWPVT4 Expressive One-Word Picture Vocabulary Tests
ROWPVT4 Receptive One-Word Picture Vocabulary Tests

Thanks in advance for your help,
mom bee

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Speech Therapy Questions & Answers.

What’s the Pic Articulation is a revolutionary app for speech therapy!

Check Out the What's the Pic Articulation App
Check Out the What's the Pic Articulation App

SEE ALSO: 8 Activities for Using Multi-syllabic Words

Freebies, Activities, and Specials, Oh My!
Sign up for Terrific Therapy Activity Emails

Your information is 100% private & never shared.