50 Conditional Directions for
Speech Therapy Practice
As promised here are the words for your unlimited use.
If you know others who can use our lists...
...please share this page using the share buttons above.
Get thousands of targeted words, phrases, sentences, and stories, with Word Vault Essential.
- If cows give us milk, touch your head.
- If you are a girl, stand up and say your name.
- If you like school, clap your hands.
- If you rode the bus to school, put your hand on your knee.
- If pencils cut paper, jump up and down.
- If ice is cold, stomp your feet.
- If candy is healthy, count to ten.
- If you have a brother, spin in a circle.
- If chickens lay eggs, touch your knee.
- If you have a sister, say, “I do.”
- If you have a pet alligator, scream really loud.
- If you love the snow, wave your arms.
- If cookies are yummy, act like a chicken.
- If pigs live in the ocean, hit the table.
- If goats live on a farm, pretend to take a drink.
- If clocks tell the weather, stick out your tongue.
- If you buy things with money, blow a kiss.
- If glass can cut you, moo like a cow.
- If your room is clean, pat yourself on the back.
- If two plus two is four, knock on the door.
- If three plus one is one, bite your lip.
- If a cat is an animal, blink your eyes.
- If a dog barks, pull your hair.
- If you like me, say, “Beep, Beep.”
- If a piano plays music, smile as big as you can.
- If your mom makes cookies, clap your hands.
- If cupcakes are a type of fruit, throw your pencil.
- If pigs say oink, tap on the table three times.
- If you know your alphabet, pull your ears.
- If eggs come from rabbits, pretend to drive a car.
- If markers come in lots of colors, nod your head.
- If you are older than 7, stick out your tongue.
- If frogs are green, look at the ceiling.
- If cats bark, look at your feet.
- If you are wearing clothes, wiggle your feet.
- If babies are small, snap your fingers.
- If clouds are white, give me a high five.
- If rain gets you dry, make an airplane noise.
- If cars drive on the road, pat yourself on the head.
- If the garbage truck picks up garbage, put your hands on your ears.
- If alligators wear shoes, moo like a cow.
- If dogs can run, laugh out loud.
- If bunnies can hop, turn around.
- If carrots are red, make a sad face.
- If your eyes help you see, make a silly face.
- If scissors cut paper, make a mad face.
- If a vacuum picks up dirt, hiss like a snake.
- If flowers smell nice, meow like a cat.
- If trees grow in the sky, tap your fingers on your nose.
- If pillows are soft, pretend to sleep.
This list of functional words was professionally selected to be the most useful for a child or adult who has difficulty with this language principle.
We encourage you to use this list when practicing at home.
Home practice will make progress toward meeting individual language goals much faster.
Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs) are only able to see students/clients 30-60 mins (or less) per week.
This is not enough time or practice for someone to strengthen their understanding of this important language concept.
Every day that your loved one goes without practice it becomes more difficult to help them.
What’s the Pic Articulation is a revolutionary app for speech therapy!
We know life is busy, but if you're reading this you're probably someone who cares about helping their loved one as much as you can.
Practice 5-10 minutes whenever you can, but try to do it on a consistent basis (daily).
Please, please, please use this list to practice.
It will be a great benefit to you and your loved one's progress.