(50) 2 Step Directions for Speech Therapy Practice
As promised here are the words for your unlimited use.
If you know others who can use our lists...
...please share this page using the share buttons above.
What’s the Pic Articulation is a revolutionary app for speech therapy!
2 Step Directions
- Put your hands on your shoulders then count to eight.
- Put your hands over your eyes and stand up.
- Shake your head and say hello.
- Put your elbows on the table and wave at me.
- Pretend to take off your watch and then point to a corner
in the room.
- Turn around in a circle and say “Look over there!”
- Stand up and then jump up and down two times.
- Clap your hands 3 times and walk to the door.
- Pretend to wash your hands and then cross your
- Shake your head yes and name a color
- Pretend to put on a shirt and name a shape.
- Pretend to comb your hair and name a number.
- Count to 10 and pretend to tie your shoe.
- Wiggle your fingers and snap your fingers 4 times.
- Wave your hand and then wink at the person next to you.
- Count the chairs in the room and then put your hand over
- Pat yourself on the head and say your ABC’s.
- Lift both hands up in the air and then tap your foot on the
- Name something you see that is red and then sit on your
- Name 2 of your friends and then sing "Twinkle, Twinkle,
- Pretend to drive a car and then close your eyes.
- Give someone a thumbs up and then touch your shoulders 3
- Pretend to sneeze and then touch your toes.
- Give someone a high five and take a deep breath.
- Point to a light in the room and touch your knees 2 times.
- Take a bow and put your hands on
- Stand up and then hop 4 times.
- Snap your fingers 2 times and then point to the door.
- Shake your head "yes" and then quack like a duck.
- Blink your eyes 3 times and slap the table.
- Touch your nose and say "Watermelon."
- Pretend to eat a piece of candy and tell me your favorite
- Count the people in the room and say your favorite food.
- Tap your finger on the table and put your hand over your
- Clap your hands twice and say "Donuts are round."
- Close your eyes and give 2 thumbs up.
- Look at the person next to you and say "You're my best
- Snap your fingers 3 times and scratch your head.
- Sit down on the floor and say "This is sticky."
- Touch your knee and then pretend to talk on the phone.
- Jump up and down 2 times and wave "goodbye."
- Cover your ears with your hands and stand up.
- Bark like a dog and snap your fingers 2 times.
- Wink at someone next to you and tap your foot 4 times.
- Laugh out loud and touch your elbows together.
- Put your hands on your head and then spell your name.
- Stand up and jump up and down 5 times.
- Look at the person on your left and then clap your hands 4
- Pretend to open a present and then hop to the door.
- Snap your fingers 3 times and then touch your toes.
This list of functional words was professionally selected to be the most useful for a child or adult who has difficulty following 2 step directions.
We encourage you to use this list when practicing at home.
Home practice will make progress toward meeting individual language goals much faster.
Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs) are only able to see students/clients 30-60 mins (or less) per week. This is not enough time or practice for someone to strengthen their ability to follow 2 step directions.
Every day that your loved one goes without practice it becomes more difficult to help them.
We know life is busy, but if you're reading this you're probably someone who cares about helping their loved one as much as you can. Practice 5-10 minutes whenever you can, but try to do it on a consistent basis (daily).
Please, please, please use this list to practice.
It will be a great benefit to you and your loved one's progress.